- 1. Are these free internet service providers really free?
- Some of the free ISPs listed in All Free ISP are totally free. They are generally supported by advertising shown while you are connected to the internet. However, besides for
free internet service providers, we also list full-service discount internet providers that are not free. In addition, several of the free internet service providers also offer
'premium' internet access for a fee. Be sure you do not sign up for the premium service if you want free internet access.
- Always read and understand the terms of service and license agreements before you accept them, so there aren't any surprises. Please contact us
if any of the providers listed in All Free ISP have changed their service from that described in our information.
- 2. Why would I use a discount provider if free internet access is available?
- Unfortunately, the features and quality of service available from free internet service providers has drastically declined. Many of the best free ISPs went out of business or started
charging for their service. Those that still offer free internet access often have reliability problems and have established strict usage limits that only allow a minimal
amount of surfing each month. For reliable, unlimited internet access, discount internet providers are the best option, which is why we began supplementing our free ISP listings with select free
trial and discount internet service providers.
- In addition, free internet service providers have advertisements which take up screen space, slow down your surfing and can cause your computer to crash. Most discount ISPs
do not have ads, so you have faster, more reliable internet access and your full screen available. Additionally, discount ISPs usually have other services that free internet
service providers often lack such as Usenet news servers and free technical support. Tech support at free ISPs can be non-existent or extremely expensive (via 1-900 numbers),
so discount internet services are also a better choice if you will need any assistance.
- 3. Does All Free ISP offer free internet access?
- No, we do not offer free internet service directly. We are a comprehensive database of free isp dialup access numbers and information on companies that offer free internet
access. All Free ISP is the fastest way to find a free isp in
your local calling area and the easiest way to compare free internet providers to find which one has the best service, features and reliability. In addition, All Free ISP also
lists select high-quality ISPs with discount rates or free trials for those looking for fast, reliable, unlimited Internet access. Most of the free trial and discount ISPs we list provide All Free
ISP with compensation for referrals, so our listings can be considered as advertisements for these services.
- 4. Can you help me with installing, connecting or other technical problems?
- No. We cannot provide technical support for any of these discount / free internet service providers. Please use the technical support provided by your
free ISP. On the information page for
each discount / free internet service provider, we provide comprehensive contact information including how to reach technical support.
- 5. Will these free internet service providers always be free?
- There are no guarantees that any of the free isps included here will continue to offer free internet access forever. Most of the free internet service providers depend on banner
advertising revenue to cover the costs, and they may not earn enough to continue the service. Because of this, several free internet service providers have
started charging and most of the others went out of business and shut down. Some of the remaining free ISPs such as NetZero
have cut costs by limiting the hours you may use the service each month and no longer offer unlimited free internet access.
- 6. What if I can't find a discount / free internet service provider in my town?
- Consult your phone book or contact your telephone company to see if other nearby cities are in your local calling area. In many metro areas, several area codes may be within
your local calling area, so you will want to try those as well. If you still can't find a local access number after trying other cities and area codes,
bookmark All Free ISP and check
back often, since we are always updating the database with new discount and free ISPs and new access numbers from current providers.
- 7. How do I suggest a free ISP that isn't listed in All Free ISP?
- As a comprehensive source of free isp information, we welcome suggestions of new free internet service providers. Before you contact us with
your suggestion, be sure it isn't already included by browsing the complete list of free isps on the free ISP ratings page. Also note that we do not
list free internet service providers until their service is actually online and operational, and we do not list all the different AffinityPath co-brands.
- Although we try to list all free internet service providers, we only list a select group of discount ISPs. Since there are thousands of pay ISPs, it would not be practical to
list them all and keep their information up to date. The discount internet providers we include are ones we believe should offer quality internet access at a reasonable price.
Most of the free trial and discount ISPs we list provide All Free ISP with compensation for referrals, which provides us with the capital necessary to earn income and continue to offer our information for
- 8. What about telephone connection charges?
- Although the internet access is free, you are responsible for any phone charges incurred when connecting to free internet service providers. Be sure to consult your phone
book or contact your telephone company to verify that the dialup access numbers you select are within your local calling area. If you connect using a long distance or local
toll access number to any free or discount ISP, you may incur substantial telephone charges that are your responsibility.
- 9. How do you determine the ISP ratings?
- ISP ratings are based on our testing and review of each ISP, along with feedback we receive from users. The most important criteria for our ratings are reliability, speed,
features, limitations and customer service. The number of dialup access numbers provided and whether or not the ISP is free are not factors in the rating, since these aspects
are already displayed independently in our listings.
- 10. How do I cancel my old ISP?
- Use the following links for information on canceling with some of the biggest Internet service providers:
- 11. What is the difference between POP3 and Web email?
- Web mail accounts are email accounts you can access over the internet through your web browser (i.e. Netscape or Internet Explorer). Hotmail and Yahoo! Mail are examples of
web based free email accounts. On the other hand, POP3 ( Post Office Protocol version 3) email accounts are accessible through email applications such as Outlook, Eudora, or
Netscape Messenger. Most free internet service providers only offer one of these email options, so your preference here could be used to decide between various free isps.
However, some free internet access providers and most discount ISPs offer both POP3 and web based email, so you can use either. This can be nice because POP3 may be more convenient for your home computer, but web based email is nice
when you are using other computers such as at work, school or when traveling.
- 12. Can I link to All-Free-ISP.com?
- As long as your site does not contain obscene content, we welcome you to link to our site.